Joining rural communities together to breathe new life and solutions into the people and problems in your community through:
The Rural Idea Activation – GREAT EVENT
Let’s activate some bloody good ideas and amazing people in our RURAL communities!
Calling all Economic Development Teams, Service Clubs and Community Groups in Rural Australia
Let’s unearth, share and start implementing new creative ideas developed by your community, for your community and let’s do it, together!
Do you want to activate ideas and solutions in your community for:
WE CAN HELP YOU
Engage your community in new, fun and exciting ways, by bringing them together, just differently to normal, during isolation!
Activate amazing local responses to COVID19 created issues by getting your community involved like never before
Connect your local leaders to other leaders across rural Australia with our unique methods and national reach
Identify community initiated recovery and renewal activities
Stimulate economic, social and community development activity in ways not limited by the ‘system’
On 31 October, we will host an Australia – WIDE Full-Day Online Event to Activate COLLECTIVE WISDOM
Let us help you support local people by encouraging them to come up with brilliant LOCAL COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS to COVID19 created issues.
SOME AMAZING IDEAS & INNOVATION ACTIVATED SO FAR
Join our PUBLIC Online Pitch Event
HOW WILL WE DO THAT?
- We’re calling all RURAL LOCAL GOVERNMENTS, SERVICE CLUBS, COMMUNITY GROUPS in AUSTRALIA to join us.
- We’re getting groups (we call them PODS) of people together online from YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (LGA).
- We’re then connecting your POD with PODS from other Local Government Areas to allow for unprecedented interaction and collaboration.
- Through our system, the PODS will participate in an intensive, virtually facilitated, 1 day IDEA Activation Experience where they workshop the local issues.
- During this Experience our experts will share knowledge, skills and help people practice:
- Team building
- Lean Business Planning
- The ultimate finale will be the PUBLIC LIVE ONLINE PITCH event where PODS will share their 5 minute pitch of the BEST Community Solution they’ve come up with.
- We want as many people to hear these great ideas as possible. This is how we make them happen in their communities!
There is no point hoarding knowledge at this time, collaboration is the only way and we need to share the resources to build ALL rural communities.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOUR COMMUNITY?
It’s so important to show rural people they are not alone in this time of isolation. By connecting people together from different LGAs across the country, we create a fun and unique, shared experience for them to understand that they are not the only ones going through what they are going through.
There are lots of people sitting around saying ‘if only they did xyz…’, having great ideas that never get heard or see the light of the day. Activation means – the action or process of making something active or operative…. This is what we need right now! We want to help you unearth those treasures, put some thinking into them and then share them far and wide!
If we learn to work together, better, then we can say that something good came out of all of this, and if we want to see it then YOU need to lead it. It could be argued that this will be one of the most collaborative co-created events EVER in Rural Australia… and you could be a pioneer in that movement!
- Innovation there are amazing innovative thinkers in our communities and often the ‘system’ we operate in restricts us from truly being able to access and then enable this innovation…but now with TRIAGE we can unlock and unleash this innovation to the world and inspire people to action!
All of the ideas Pitched from this event will be considered ‘open source’ and available for anyone to take up and run with! Imagine being the one who brings new life to your community through the sharing in these ideas! There is nothing more powerful than being inspired and motivated by a new idea! Sometimes these ideas are so great that you’ll just want to implement them! So everyone WINS!
Sometimes the best thing we can do for people to help them move through trauma and reclaim some sense of ‘control’ is to distract them from their ‘daily’ life and bring them into a shared space for PLAY and FUN and CO-CREATION. It’s a healing and powerful thing to do and TRIAGE will do that for them!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Local Government Areas, Community Groups or Service Clubs commit to and fund participation for their residents
- We work with the Local Government, Community Group or Service Club to ACTIVATE their community so LOTS of amazing local people REGISTER (free) for the event to get the best brainstrust we can
- In the lead up to the EVENT Participants will be added to a special GROUP…specifically for this EVENT for more support & some super cool activities and opportunities
- We’ll manage EVERYTHING and host a mind-blowingly amazing event you’ll be proud of and want to do again!
- Someone must have registered and paid for the people in the LGA to participate
- Participants must have: Internet access or a phone and access to a computer.
- Everyone must have Open minds and excited hearts
- Commitment – you’ve got to be committed to complete! It’s an intense day – but sooo worth it!
- Be one of the first 20 LGAs to register or have to wait for another event in the future.
No prior experience is required.
This event will probably change people’s lives for the better and could be an amazing way for you to get your communities ‘together’ virtually during this crazy, stressful time and focus on something they CAN influence….plus it would be a fantastic way to do remote team building with your staff and bring them closer to their community! BUT it’s not a quick fix, we want you to DO something with what you learn and achieve! We’ll provide you with some data and information and the great ideas your community come up with (because that will be useful for you we’re sure) – but there are no guarantees. We can’t promise you brilliant solutions..because people are people. But we can promise to deliver a fun, unique, interactive and dynamic experience that will yield some known outcomes and some fabulously left field ones we couldn’t ‘predict’ but will be awesome!
Applications are open NOW!
EVENT 30 October 2020 9am – 3pm and then PITCH event is at 7pm.
26 September 2020
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
Authorised Local Government representative (eg Economic Development Officer, CEO, HR Manager), Authorised representative from a Community Group or Service Club
$1000+gst per local government area. That’s it. An unlimited number of people from your LGA can join and participate.
We would normally charge upwards of $3500+ for participation in this event so it’s a no-brainer great offer! You’d spend more on catering for a staff lunch!
TAKE ACTION. SIGN UP NOW BEFORE 26 September and SECURE YOUR COMMUNITY’S PLACE …
Step 1: COMPLETE THE FORM & MAKE PAYMENT TO SECURE YOUR COMMUNITY’S PLACE
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INFORMATION this is a BOWABIRDs event which is powered by THE Rural Woman – a business that has delivered hundreds of successful online events and programs for rural women (and some lucky men) since 2014. These have included everything from 5 day 36 presenter Online Festival and 1 day 9 presenter workshops to 3 day Business Activation Experiences. We’ve also hosted 1hour information sessions, 3hour planning sessions, hot seat and mentoring experiences and virtual drinks and nibbles! We know what we are doing, have an amazing events/experience development team who collectively have 100+ years in creating transformative, fun and engaging experiences and have figured out how to take our knowledge in how to do this ‘in person’ and adapted it to work in the ‘online’ environment extremely successfully (actually…sometimes we think it works BETTER online!)
Some of the amazing outcomes from events we’ve run are:
Online PITCH Event THE Seed Scheme Business Activation Experience 4.20
“The perfect balance of fun and amazing learning”
“I enjoyed connecting with other women from around Australia and hearing about their amazing business – all so very different”
Rural Access Delivery – an idea by Charters Towers THE Seed Scheme POD – local delivery service to overcome isolation for the more vulnerable members of the community
“ A fun interactive day “
Art with Altitude – an idea by Guyra THE Seed Scheme POD for livening up their main street and town and bringing people together through art
“A great experience working with and meeting others from my town and from other towns too.”
“I loved it – no one ever liked being in the unknown. But learning to have stability within instability was key.”
Boost The Boo – an idea by Mirboo North THE Seed Scheme POD to rejuvenate their local business centre through collaboration and space sharing
“Great experience and opportunity to do something totally new and different whilst connecting with the broader community”
“I found the experience challenging and motivating on a personal and business level”